HBBA has enjoyed a Beautiful Summer in Hampton Bays. Recent projects include a big effort to improve the Hampton Bays Post Office. We to removed the overgrown yews along the sidewalk. We installed the new sprinkler system and continued the brick walkway in the center of the lawn all the way to Ponquogue Ave. We edged and weeded and put in a lawn. It looks so much more inviting.
The 180 hanging planters and the 24 large potted flower Urns throughout town look amazing. The Flagpole area additional clearing, additional sprinkler systems,and plantings make the area very beautiful. The plantings at all the Welcome signs are very colorful and inviting.
The Eastern Medians and the Rt 24 medians are a joy to behold. Their were new plantings at all the Medians after the winter. Good Ground Road mini gardens were inviting to all by the Train Station. New trees were planted on the Good Ground median. A new Cherry Tree was planted just behind the Post Office. The newly painted Antique Lampposts look beautiful and will last for many years. HBBA had all HBBA memorial benches power washed throughout town to remove the dirt and mildew.The benches at the Shinnecock canal will be cleaned this summer. Electric service was installed at the Welcome to Hampton Bays Sign. HBBA maintains all the welcome signs and plantings. All in all it was a successful year for HBBA.
We hope you enjoyed all of these HBBA projects.
- Major improvements to the Post Office
- New Trees planted on Good Ground Rd. and Main Street and Ponquogue Ave.
- Flagpole area Trees and Plantings
- All of the Welcome to Hampton Bays Signs and plantings
- Rt. 24 Medians plantings and lighting
- Eastern Medians plantings and lighting
- North East side of the Shinnecock Canal Park Trees and Benches
- 180 Hanging Planters installed every year
- 24 Large Urns throughout town
- Community Garden plot at Middle School donates all produce to the Food Pantry
- Good Ground Rd. Medians, and Pocket Park at the Post Office
- Pergola and Vince Cannuscio Trail
- Anchor and plantings at the UA theater
- Memorial Benches and trees throughout Hampton Bays
- Public Art at the Shinnecock Canal
- All of the Holiday Decorations and tree lighting throughout Hampton Bays
This past Holiday Season, the Hampton Bays Beautification Association Holiday Decorating Committee led by Mike Daly and his group of amazing volunteers helped to light up downtown Hampton Bays as well as Good Ground Road, the Rt. 24 Medians, the East Medians by the canal, the Pocket Park at the Post Office, the Pergola at Vince Cannuscio Trail, the Welcome to Hampton Bays Signs, the Anchor, the Flagpole, five big trees and the lighted wreaths on the antique lampposts.
The amazing volunteers were; Mary Egan, Tim and Marianne Murphy, Mike Daly, Rosemarie Conway, Eric and Maureen Sutton, Gerry Dzwlewicz, John and Valerie Zuccarelli, Ron Campbell, Madeline and Jack O’Keefe and Rich Bauerfeind.
Also, many thanks to Merry Warner at Mother Earth Landscaping for the installation of holiday decorations around the Hamlet, Tom Maloney from Shinnecock Hardware, Daren Poles from Coastal Management and Vinnie Allegretta of V. Allegretta Electric.